Portfolio

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Employees Only - Helping With The Big Words

The Mix informed me that Icelandic is supposedly the worlds hardest language to learn, which if you followed the news during last week's volcano news wouldn't surprise you. I think the actual pronunciation of the Iceland Volcano that grounded flights in Europe is the equivalent of diction kryptonite for most broadcasters since I only heard one give it a go - and afterward he said, "There I said it."

Of course, there is a force in the world that doesn't shy away from helping us with the big words, and I speak of course of the amazing Sesame Street. The Street's pronunciation teaching skills are unmatched in my opinion, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one who thinks videos like this one should be the format for all foreign language learning.

Plus how bad ass is it to say you learned something on the Street? I'll say no more.

-ic