Portfolio

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Employees Only - Turning It Down

So no more color - at least not regularly. I've been wanting to go back to the old sans-color approach for awhile, but I kept on telling myself that it was a cop out to not keep up with full color. The fact was that doing it was keeping me awake and not letting me do anything else, and that sucks.

There's things I want to do, and this comic is definitely one of them - but it can't be all of them. Well, it can be all of them but I'm not ready to let it take over. Having only been at this for a month now, I'm hoping the return to the old style will let me get into the groove I'm desperate to be in with Employees Only. While I don't imagine my sleepless days will disappear anytime soon, I do think that it will be nice to sit down and paint again, and maybe even write, and I don't mind losing sleep over those once in awhile. Just as long as I'm able to approach all my interests I will hopefully be artistically happy.  Hopefully.

And don't think this is the end of all color. It's isn't. I'm just going to put it in my pocket and use it for bigger projects and occasional special Employee Only strips. Color works well for me, I just need more time to commit to it. When the day comes that I can dedicate myself to it more (like when I work full time as an artist) I will happily cut the hues loose upon the world and bask in the chroma along with all of you, but in a hopefully well rested state.

See you Thursday.

-ic