Portfolio

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Employees Only - Inspirasaurus Rex

There is a phrase that may explain this phase in Employees Only comics, and it is, "Jumping the Shark". Of course, never wanting to adhere to the status quo, I've gone with my own version of it, which I've titled, "Being Eaten Alive by Inspiration Surrounded by Whimsy".

I keep on getting the feeling that I bit off more than I can chew (*ahem*) when I sit down and try to think of the next comic. I have ideas, and they seem funny at first...and then they lose air in front of me like so many comically deflating balloons. I almost hear the actual sound of PFFFFFTTTTTT coming out of my ears.

Leave it to the ever talented Mix to step in and save the day via Google Chat:
The Mix: just make up comical mythical creatures
 Ian: I could do that for awhile I suppose.
10:00 PM I'm just without any inspiration.
  I feel like it's a chore. Not fun.
 The Mix: well you need some inspirasaurous
 Ian: Riiiiight.
 The Mix: The amazing inspiration dinosaur!
 Ian: I like it.
  What's it look like?
10:01 PM The Mix: like T-rex wearing star glasses and a hat
  with some whimsy
10:02 PM Ian: Right...and he'll really be a T-Rex in disguise who eats everyone when they're relaxed.
  Thanks Inspirasuarus! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!
10:03 PM The Mix: I was just going to say he does nothing but talk about the importance of gang prevention
 Ian: Because that's a big issue in the Jurassic age?
 The Mix: but hes not as cool, as Bad Mr.Rex who smokes and wears a leather jacket
10:04 PM and is just so damn cool
 Ian: And gets all the ladies?
 The Mix: yeah, hes living the dream
10:05 PM Ian: Well, that's better than what I had, which was jack $%!&.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is how comics are made.

-ic