Portfolio

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Employees Only - Try Not to Die

As a general rule, I don't like reality television - with the big exception being the survival shows on Discovery Channel. Something about them strikes a chord with me; perhaps the idea that I'm learning something I could use one day. Of course, were I ever to be in a survival situation and tried to rely on what I learned watching Man vs Wild I'd probably be dead within hours. I swear Bear Grylls must be infested with every parasite imaginable.

Of course, don't try to tell television executives there's such a thing as "too much of a good thing." I am currently counting six survivor shows on the Discovery Channel lineup. Six. I mean to say, either they are trying to tell us all something (what the hell do they know that we don't?) or they decided to ride this Survivor Horse until it dies broken and lifeless beneath them. Personally, with the rate they're going, I don't think I'm that far from predicting the future with today's comic - keep your eye out for my intellectual property lawsuit.

Incidentally, the Try Not to Die logo is way too good for me to not use it again. I may have to come up with more episodes of my own in future Employees Only!

-ic

Thanks to Survivor Man I feel naked without a leatherman handy. It's perfect for fashioning weapons from everyday objects, and makes a lovely conversation piece at airport security.