Portfolio

Friday, March 11, 2011

Employees Only - Getting Darker

Thanks for being patient with me getting yesterday's (now today's) comic out - it's been a little difficult to tear myself away from life, and lately the news from Japan. Be sure to donate to the Red Cross's efforts in Japan if you can - they definitely need our help.

Today's comic is all about the latest version of Spore, called Darkspore. I'm told it's actually very good, but a little part of me can't help but wonder if the lesson learned is that games need to take similar paths to ultimately be successful. I'm sure that's me mostly over generalizing the gaming industry, but you have to admit the majority of popular games right now aren't exactly "E" for everyone.

I'm as much to blame as anyone - the comic above is obviously me kidding around, but if it came down to it, I'd actually be interested in playing a violent version of Animal Crossing. Add zombies and bullet time and I may even wait in line for it!

-ic